This is a fun activity for students to revise personality adjectives. Students match the adjectives to their antonyms, decide which adjectives apply most to them and look for classmates whose answers are either identical to theirs or very different.
Time: 45 minutes
- To revise/ introduce adjectives describing personality.
- To decide which adjectives apply most to students and give examples.
- To compare students’ choices with other classmates.
Materials (Click on the worksheet below to download the PDF file):
- Who are you Worksheet, one per student.
- In pairs ask students to tell each other what personality types they get on with best and what personality types they just can’t stand.
- Elicit some answers from students.
- Hand each student a copy of Who are you? Worksheet and tell them to cover up the words at the bottom.
- Individually ask students to provide antonyms to the adjectives in the first column.
- When the students have finished ask them to compare with their partner.
- Next students look at the antonyms provided at the bottom of the page and complete the table.
- Check as a class.
- Individually now ask the student to consider each pair of adjectives and choose the number (1 to 5) closest to the adjective they feel applies most to them. Number 5 applies to the adjective in the first column and 1 to its antonym in the third column.
- Once the students have finished, put them into pairs and ask them to compare their choices with their classmates and provide specific examples where their numbers are identical or very different.
- Change pairs two or three times to give students a chance to compare their answers with as many classmates as possible.
- Ask students to give examples of unexpected answers they received whilst interviewing their classmates.
- Ask students to pick three positive and three negative adjectives from the table that best describe them and justify their answers to their classmates.
P.S. “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr. Seuss