This is a board game activity to talk about friends and friendships. It is a great way to help students practise speaking and develop fluency, and prepare for speaking exams.
Don’t forget to feed students new vocabulary throughout the activity, correct and/ or find opportunities to help them express themselves more precisely and accurately. Ask students to research the topic before the class and then teach others the vocabulary they have prepared.
As always encourage students to comment on each other’s responses and elaborate as much as possible.
- To practise speaking about friends and friendships.
- To increase fluency and confidence.
Materials (Click on the worksheet below to download the PDF file):
A die (use an online dice roller)
- Brainstorm relationship vocabulary.
- Give students a copy of the board game or display it on the screen.
- The teacher (or one of the students) throws the dice twice – the first throw indicates which column they should use, and the second throw indicates which row, to obtain the question.
- The player must then answer the question and provide their classmates with as much detail as possible. Encourage students to ask additional questions and ask for clarification and details. Whilst the student is speaking you could ask others to note down specific vocabulary related to friends and relationships in general that he/she used and that were mentioned in the brainstorming session at the beginning of the activity.
- At the end, ask students to give you three unexpected things they have learnt about their classmates.
How well do you know your folks?
2 thoughts on “BFF”
Kocham Cię najbardziej na świecie ❤️❤️❤️
„JAK SZARA BYŁABY PRZĘDZA NASZEGO ŻYCIA, GDYBY NIE WPLATAŁY SIĘ W NIĄ PRZYJAŹŃ I MIŁOŚĆ.” /św. Tomasz More/