This is a Go Get ‘em tiger! printable board game for students to revise and practise using some common expressions with GO and GET. The students play a board game and then do a quick test in teams to test their memory.
Time: 45 minutes
- To practise using some common expressions with go and get.
- To complete exercises 1 and 2 (Go Get ‘em tiger! Worksheet) using expressions with go and get.
- Put the students in groups of 3, and give them a copy of Go Get ‘em tiger! board game and a die.
- Players take it in turns to throw the die twice – the first throw indicates which column they should use, and the second throw indicates which row, to obtain the question.
- When a player lands on a square they must answer the question from that square. The player has to answer the question using the expression in bold at least 2 times, e.g. I get on quite well with my parents, although I must say it’s my mother I get on better with. We seem to have more things in common.
- The game continues in the circle going left.
- At the end, ask the students to name three collocations they use on a regular basis and three they have never used before.
- Put the students in new teams and hand each team Go Get ‘em tiger!
- Students complete the exercises in teams.
- The first team to complete the exercises correctly wins. Make sure students don’t look at the board game during the quiz.
P.S. Thank you for all your help Alex.