This is a Go Get ‘em tiger! printable board game for students to revise and practise using some common expressions with GO and GET. The students play a board game and then do a quick test in teams to test their memory.
Time: 45 minutes
- To practise using some common expressions with go and get.
- To complete exercises 1 and 2 (Go Get ‘em tiger! Worksheet) using expressions with go and get.
- Printable Go Get ‘em tiger! board game.
- One die per group of 3.
- Go Get ‘em tiger! Worksheet
- Put the students in groups of 3, and give them a copy of Go Get ‘em tiger! board game and a die.
- Players take it in turns to throw the die twice – the first throw indicates which column they should use, and the second throw indicates which row, to obtain the question.
- When a player lands on a square they must answer the question from that square. The player has to answer the question using the expression in bold at least 2 times, e.g. I get on quite well with my parents, although I must say it’s my mother I get on better with. We seem to have more things in common.
- The game continues in the circle going left.
- At the end, ask the students to name three collocations they use on a regular basis and three they have never used before.
- Put the students in new teams and hand each team Go Get ‘em tiger!
- Students complete the exercises in teams.
- The first team to complete the exercises correctly wins. Make sure students don’t look at the board game during the quiz.
Do, make, have or take? An instant headache
P.S. Thank you for all your help Alex.