This is a Brace yourselves. Phrasal verbs r bk printable board game for students to revise and practise using some common phrasal verbs. The students play a board game and predict what other students would rather do in different situations using the phrasal verbs embedded in the questions.
Time: 45 minutes
- To practise using some common phrasal verbs whilst playing Brace yourselves. Phrasal verbs r bk board game.
- To predict what other students would do in different situations.
- Printable Brace yourselves. Phrasal verbs r bk board game.
- One die per group of 3.
- One checker per player.
- Put the students in groups of 3, and give them a copy of Brace yourselves. Phrasal verbs r bk board game and a die.
- Players take it in turns to throw the die twice – the first throw indicates which column they should use, and the second throw indicates which row, to obtain the question.
- When Player 1 lands on a square, the other player or players have to predict what he or she would rather do, justifying their predictions. Player 1 must then say which prediction was correct and why.
- The game continues in the circle going left.
- At the end, ask the students to name three things they predicted correctly and three things they would never have guessed.