This is a free Would you rather…? printable board game for students to get to know each other better or/and to practise speaking for fluency. The game could be used at the beginning of each term/year, when a new student joins the class or as a starter or an activity at the end of the class.
Time: 45 minutes
- To practise speaking for fluency whilst answering Would you rather…? questions.
- To learn new things about students’ classmates.
- Printable Would you rather board game .
- One die per group of 2 or 3.
- One checker per player.
- Put the students in pairs, or groups of 3, and give them a copy of ‘Would you rather…?’ board game and a die.
- Players take it in turns to throw the die twice – the first throw indicates which column they should use, and the second throw indicates which row, to obtain the question.
- When a player lands on a square, they answer the question from that square. The player has to justify their answer and give examples.
- The game continues in the circle going left.
- At the end, ask the students to name three things they have strongly agreed on, or disagreed on, with their classmates.
P.S. Happy St Nicholas Day.