This is a sentence auction activity for Spanish FCE students. Students work in groups and bid on the sentences they think they can correct. This activity could also be used with lower CAE groups.
Time: 45 minutes
- To review the most common mistakes made by Spanish FCE students in an entertaining way.
- Bid it 2 Win it FCE Sentence Auction, one worksheet for the teacher.
- Put students in small groups of 2 or 3.
- Each group will have £2000 to spend.
- Bids begin at £50 and each subsequent bid is increased by £100.
- The teacher writes the first sentence on the board and sells it to the highest bidder.
- Once the students have bought the sentence they have to rewrite it. If their answer is correct they keep the sentence. If they are wrong the sentence goes back on sale and the students can bid on it again at the end.
- The winner of the game is the group which has ended up with the most correct sentences.