This is a puzzle I created using Free Discovery Education Puzzle Maker. The idea is to recycle some of the vocabulary students have used in Mirror mirror on the wall… (Previous post).
Time: 20 minutes
- To recycle and revise vocabulary used to describe physical appearance by unscrambling the 12 jumbled words.
- To discuss a famous quote by Ovid.
Printable Mirror mirror on the wall…double puzzle, one per student.
- Hand each student a copy of the printable worksheet, Mirror mirror on the wall…double puzzle.
- Individually, the students must unscramble the 12 jumbled words and put the letters in the numbered boxes into the corresponding boxes at the bottom of the page to reveal a quote by Ovid.
- When the students have finished, they compare their answers and discuss the quote in pairs.
Solution: First appearance deceives many.
*** Ovid (43BC – AD 17), a Roman poet and scholar.
Mirror Mirror on the wall double puzzle