This is a speaking activity which allows students to describe their favourite film in great detail.
- To describe a film using film related vocabulary
Printable worksheets (one per student), two dice
- Ask students to think of their favourite film.
- Put students in pairs or threes and hand each of them a copy of the printable worksheet. Go through the vocabulary around the edge of the questions as a class to ensure the students understand it and are confident in using it correctly.
- Students take it in turns to throw the dice and move to the square indicated on the dice e.g. if a student rolls a 2 and a 4, they move to question number 6.
- Students answer the question and incorporate the film related words around the outside of the board. If the student uses the word(s) correctly they can cross it / them out. Every time students answer the question they can cross out at least one word but no more than four words.
- The other students in the pair or group can ask questions to encourage the use of the language.
- The winner is the first student to cross out all the vocabulary on the board.